The Publication Award recognizes outstanding contributions to T&E literature. ITEA presents this award to honor individuals whose published books or technical papers have improved and increased the general body of knowledge relevant to better understanding and development of T&E technology. The literary works considered may be broad in scope or may address a single functional area that is included under the T&E umbrella.
The Publications Award may be awarded to any author or authors whose literary work is of high quality and addresses test and evaluation topics. Membership in ITEA is not required; however, the literary works for which the author is nominated should complement ITEA’s goals. Co-authors are eligible for joint recognition. Teams, organizations, or institutions are not eligible. The following prerequisites also apply:
- Published work must be original and must adhere to the accepted practices of scholarly research methods. Proper credits must be given where material is drawn from other sources; the conclusions are to be suitably justified, and statements of opinion are to be identified as such.
- An author can only receive this award one time for the same publication.
- Only published works available to the public will be considered.
- Published works will generally be ranked according to the following hierarchy:
- Books by a single author.
- Books by co-authors.
- Books by an editor.
- Monograph series.
- Refereed article in a published journal.
- Tutorial text.
- Television script, where authorship is specified.
- Relative impact of the published work in terms of its influence in the T&E field.
- The degree to which the author drew upon approved research methods in the justification of any conclusions.
- The organization of the published material, editorial style, and conciseness of presentation.